off grid → xtreme pattern methods
- Diane Steverlynck
- S V
- Anne Laforet
- Ludivine Loiseau
XPM > Xtreme Pattern MethodsThis worksession is a hybrid between Off Grid and Can it Scale to the Universe.
Searching to generate additional functions to XPM files.
Add “material” to a pattern?
Remap a pattern.
Proposal to gather a team to build collaboratively a set of small programs, a kit to play between text, patterns and scale.
Some possible pieces of the programme:
- Text slicer (slicer1.py): to be able to produce a picture from a text through the xpm format. The text slicer cuts a text in slices of lines having the same amount of characters > Then adding header, footer and some quotation marks around the text slices, it ends up with an XPM format picturing your source text.
- Colour palette generator: to associate colour to characters (in a non random way)
- Splitter: to convert an XPM picture into coordinates. Can we go from pixels to plottable points?
- XPM to PNG converter: so that everybody can read your pictured story into a standard viewer
- Inflator: can inflate a picture duplicating its pixels
- Colour digester?